Not everyone needs an LCD monitor is that is chocked full of additional features. You may not need to have a set of integrated speakers. Maybe you don’t want to have a USB hub or a wide range of input/output options. You just want something that looks slick and does its job well. If that’s the case, then the Samsung P2370 just might be the ticket.
This is quite possibly the slimmest LCD as part of Samsung’s lineup, if not among the slimmest LCDs on the market today. The SyncMaster P2370 is a 23-inch widescreen monitor and the display portion measures just 30mm in thickness. That’s pretty darn thin.
Features and Specs
In line with the current trend toward multimedia-minded products, the Samsung P2370 features a 16:9 aspect ratio (like an HDTV) rather than the 16:10 widescreen aspect ratio that we’ve come to expect from computer monitors. Going through the rest of the feature list, we discover the following:
- Screen Size: 23-inch wide (16:9)
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Brightness: 250 cd/m²
- Contrast Ratio: DC 50000:1 (1000:1 Typ)
- Viewing Angle(Horizontal/Vertical): 170° / 160° (CR>10)
- Dimensions (with Stand): 571.0 x 423.0 x 190.0 mm
- Special Features: MagicBright3, Off timer, Image Size Colour Effect, Customised key, MagicWizard & MagicTune with AssetManagement, Windows Vista Premium, Safe Mode (DownScaling in UXGA)
Inside the brown cardboard box, you’ll find the P2370 itself, as well as the glossy piano black stand, DVI cable, VGA-to-DVI cable, power supply and cable, a cleaning cloth, and instruction manual.
This is all pretty standard fare, for the most part, though it is interesting that this monitor has an external power supply rather than one that is built into the unit itself. This aids in maintaining its slim and lightweight nature, I suppose, but it means that you’ll have another power brick on your desk or on the floor.